Friday 22 January 2016

Youth Politics Documentary


When studying my Level 3 BTEC TV & Film Production course at the age of 17, I had the opportunity to make a documentary while responding to a factual programming brief. To come up with the idea I had to choose a subject I found interesting and what I wanted to research was politics. Along with my study of English Language, and Film Production, Politics was my third A-level I had chose, therefore felt this would be the subject that had a broad scope to explore. Being a student the aspect of politics I wanted to gain greater insight of was young peoples apathy towards politics and politicians as it can be seen as a negative one shown through media and the general stereotype of young people. Working with my partner Adam Hunter we took a camera and started arranging interviews with our peers and teachers to gain a broader perspective of what different ages thought of politics itself and how young people can get involved. We resulted in a successful project and believe we covered as much of the subject as possible with a form of a 3 Minute Wonder.




No comments:

Post a Comment