Friday 22 January 2016

Community Spirit

Pasteur Rd, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk NR31 0DW
Even friends and family were taking selfies with it!

In my last year of high school I applied for the position of head girl and after interviews with peers and my principle, was successful at filling the position, this meant a lot of work to do with giving the students a voice and also community work and promoting our academy. There was many schemes that we done in order to get the community involved with what was going on at our academy, we had a open movie night where we invited the general community to watch a film in our newly built lecture theater, enjoying popcorn and snacks served by volunteering students. We also created the Random Act of Kindness week, where our students and teachers would go out of their way to do something nice for those in the local community, from carrying peoples shopping to their car, helping the elderly cross the road, even our principle paid for someones shopping, it was a great way to get involved and volunteer through my school to help those around us. 

Press Release 
As head girl we had to endure interviews with the press, I was also on the radio when the grand opening of the new academic building was complete, these opportunities have made me more out going and a successful representative of the academy I went to.  

No comments:

Post a Comment